A few weeks ago, I wrote one long story for the holiday stories — 5200+ words — and then was talking to one of my partners about it. She commented that “there are only so many ways to write a spanking scene”. I mean, yes, but also no, right?
I went back and looked at everything in my “previews” category. Here’s the spanking scenes I’ve posted in the past 12 months:
- F/F spanking in a hotel room at a spanking party
- M/F funishment spanking with hand
- M/F bedtime spanking
- M/F general spanking scene
- M/F funishment belt spanking
- F/M punishment belt spanking
- M/F general spanking scene #2
- M/F hairbrush spanking in an apartment
- FF/M spanking in a hotel room at a spanking party
- M/F punishment paddle spanking
- F/M spanking scene in a hotel room at a spanking party
- M/F consensual but unwanted spanking
- F/F fun spanking scene
- M self-spanking
- F/F spanking in the back room of a store
- M/F spanking, followed by F/M funishment spanking
- M/M superhero spanking
- M/F punishment wooden spoon spanking
- M/F punishment ruler spanking
- F/M consensual spanking
- M/F first spanking
I will say, however, that writing the actual mechanics of a spanking scene can get boring from time to time. I’m sure writers reuse scenes, changing details and names here and there. Hell, most Chuck Tingle M/M sex books are basically the same scene over and over again; it’s what comes around the scene that you read the books for. The plot, the character development, the setting, the worldbuilding; all of it makes the actual sex scene (or, in my case, the actual spanking scene) worth reading.
Is it stealing if I steal it from myself?
One thought on “Let me count the ways”
I never get bored reading about it, FWIW.