I finished the fanfic-to-novel project, tentatively titled “Dreaming of How it Was Going to Be”. It came out to approximately 57,670 words — 20 chapters, plus a prologue and an epilogue. I thought it would end up being longer* after I added sex and spanking to it, but it turned out it didn’t really need that much. I’d forgotten how much existing sex there already was, albeit less explicit than one of my other books might be.

* That’s what she said.

To be honest, I actually finished the project back on June 2, after about one week of work**, but the last thing I wanted to do was flood you with too much of one thing.

** Rewriting goes way faster than writing from scratch. I would say I added about 10,000 words to this story, removed a couple thousand here and there, and changed a good 5000 more.

The next step is to let the project sit for about a week and then start reaching out to potential beta readers. It’s probably possible to get this book out by the end of the year, but we’ll have to see how it goes.

I am pretty pleased with how it came out overall. I hope you will be too.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.