I’m still pretty drained from Frolicon 2014 – five days with a little less than six hours of sleep apiece (I’m including the Wednesday before and the Sunday after) takes its toll. But here are some things that happened:
- Meeting awesome people, including (but not limited to) my fellow panelists: Jamie Thorsen, Annabel Joseph, Linda Mercury, Sascha Illyvich, Kiernan Kelly, and Tantelle. Also to my fellow Bedtime Stories writers and performers: Jamie, Annabel, Linda, Kiernan, Angelia Sparrow, Gabriel Belthir, and our Ink Track organizer, the marvelous Trinity.
- Attending other cool panels, including Anal 101, Single- and Double-Column Ties, and Mimicry and Mindfulness.
- Spending the weekend with my partner – not just walking around, not just playing, but just being together. That’s always a plus. And we had the entire week.
- Co-topping a friend on Friday night. Never done that before.
- One of the best public play scenes I’ve ever had happened on Saturday night in the Frolicon dungeon… and then, about an hour later, another unbelievably intense scene at the Slut Party.
- I figured out that I actually can use riding crops; they just need to be a certain type of riding crops. I have one now, and it’s quite a lot of fun to use.
- This is a bit shallow, but I saw a lot of attractive people at the con, some of whom I know from the local scene. Many of them were in various states of undress.
- I also got a photo of a couple cosplaying as Captain Picard and Dr. Crusher. There was also a guy with a 2001-era WCW championship belt – heavy, too; not a cheap replica.
- Sex. Lots, and lots, and lots of sex.
- I met a ton of people, and each of them was very cool in his, her, or (insert non-gendered pronoun)’s way. If you are one of them: thank you for being awesome.
It was a lot of fun overall, and I look forward to doing it all again next year.